Catch the big ads from the Big Game all month long
The YouTube AdBlitz is back, which means that the Super Bowl ad season is officially underway. Last year, you watched more than 6.3 million hours’ worth of Super Bowl ads on YouTube. That’s enough time for you to fly from Phoenix to the moon and back 87,500 times, watch every NFL game in history 138 times, or listen to Katy Perry’s “Roar” 84M times. In other words … there are a lot of you who watch football for the ads!
The cutest puppy in history, British villains driving sports cars, and iconic music sensations were some of the big winners on YouTube AdBlitz last year. Will there be new contenders this year, or will the powerhouses reign supreme?
Here’s the full rundown of what you’ll find on this year’s AdBlitz channel:
- Teasers: Super Bowl ads were watched more than 160M times on YouTube before last year’s game even began. Commercials that were released on YouTube before they aired during the game drove approximately 2.5X more views on average than commercials that were released on game day. Once again, YouTube will host a teaser gallery where people can watch advertiser submitted pregame ads all in one place.
- Game Day Commercials: You’ll also find all the advertiser-submitted game-day commercials on our YouTube AdBlitz channel uploaded as soon as the ad is aired on TV.
- YouTube Halftime Show: For the first time, YouTube will host a Halftime Show produced in collaboration with Collective Digital Studio that will be live streamed on the AdBlitz Channel. Filmed at the YouTube Space in L.A., the show will feature more than 20 YouTube creators and musicians with over 60M combined subscribers including Harley Morenstein from EpicMealTime, Freddie Wong, Rhett and Link, Toby Turner and more.
- Postgame Gallery: This year, we’re introducing a postgame content gallery where advertisers can continue the conversation with their audience by providing follow-on or behind-the-scenes footage of their Super Bowl spot.
- Postgame Voting: Don’t forget to have your say on your favorite Super Bowl ad. After the game ends, visit the AdBlitz channel to vote for and share your favorite Super Bowl commercials. You’ll have until 11:59 p.m. ET on February 9 to cast your vote.
For the next month, YouTube is your go-to destination for all your Super Bowl ads entertainment. Visit youtube.com/adblitz from your smartphone, tablet or desktop to watch, share and vote for your favorite spots this season.
Riki Nakasuji, Sports & Gaming Sponsorships Manager, recently watched “The Bay Area in 4K.”